150g digestive biscuits
2.5 oz butter / margarine
loose bottomed 20 flat tin (more of above required if wider base tin)
225g cream cheese
100g castor sugar
1 gelatine sachet
Baileys (as much or as little as you like!)
1. Crush biscuits in blender or plastic bag. Melt butter/margarine in a saucepan, stir in crushed biscuits, then press into the tin & place in the fridge to chill.
2. Beat cream cheese in a bowl. Separate eggs. Place egg yolks & sugar in a bowl & whisk until light & creamy. Whisk into the cream cheese mixture.
3. Make up gelatine according to directions on sachet, then cool slightly & whisk into mixture.
4. Add Baileys to mixture – 2 or 3 tablespoons depending on taste (I usually add 3).
5. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
6. In another bowl, whisk the cream.
7. Fold the cream into the mixture until smooth & then fold in the egg whites until smooth. (I usually cheat & whisk them for a minute!)
8. Empty onto crumb base & smooth over. Place in fridge until set (I usually leave it to set overnight).
9. Decorate with cream, chocolate buttons or crumbled choc flake.
Thanks to my friend Catherine for the recipe.