I had no intentions on sharing this recipe, it’s actually a recipe for Spinach Risotto that I amended on a whim as I had asparagus in the fridge that needed to be used! It’s also my first ever attempt at risotto, it’s a dish I normally order when we eat out as I leave it to the professionals, but I have to admit, it turned out pretty great! Thankfully the family agreed! It also took way less time than I had imagined it would!
1 small onion, chopped
Bundle of asparagus (I used between 6 & 8 spears)
Mushrooms (according to taste)
1/4 teasp. salt
1/4 teasp. black pepper
1 cup uncooked rice
1 litre chicken stock (I used 2 cubes)
1/3 cup of parmesan cheese (I used Roma Formaggio Da Pasta)
1 large tomato
1. Cook the onion, mushrooms & asparagus in the olive oil in a deep saucepan until tender.
2. Add the uncooked rice, coating each grain. Stir stock & salt into the rice & cook covered on a high heat for 5 minutes.
3. Bring to the boil & then reduce heat & cook for 13-15 minutes until the rice is cooked & tender.
4. Stir in pepper & cheese. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
5. Remove seeds from tomato & cut into chunks.
6. Stir tomato chunks into rice & serve.